Colic is a liquid based monoethylene glycol in which additives such as anti-rust and special detergents are used. The main task of antifreeze is to prevent corrosion, freezing or boiling in internal combustion engines and industrial systems in cold and hot seasons.
Mineral and organic anti-ice:
The first produced antifreezes and most of the products available in the market are mineral antifreezes that are based on ethylene glycol. These antifreezes are often green in color and are suitable for use for one year. In this category of antifreezes, inorganic additives such as phosphate, silicate, nitrate, nitrite and borate compounds are used to protect against corrosion. The presence of these types of additives can increase the formation of sediment and sludge in the cooling systems and cause a decrease in heat transfer and a decrease in antifreeze life.
With the advancement of technology and the use of organic materials instead of mineral salts, problems such as sedimentation and the creation of sludge in the antifreeze solution and water are eliminated and better protection of the metal components in the cooling system is done. This technology, abbreviated as OAT, is used in many advanced antifreezes in the world and increases its service life up to 5 years. Organic antifreezes are often available in orange and red colors.
Kimagaran Behzist company, as one of the oldest manufacturers in the industry of cooling and lubricating products, has produced both types of organic and mineral antifreeze. The use of OAT technology in the production of organic antifreeze has given this product significant advantages, which are briefly:
- Better protection against rust and corrosion
- Preventing the formation of foam in the cooling system
- Anti-scald in the hot seasons of the year
- Free of nitrite, nitrate, amine, phosphate, silicate and borate to prevent sediment formation
- In accordance with the national standard ISIRI338 and the international standards ASTM D3306 and ASTM D6210
Safety and health matters:
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes during use.
- These products are inedible, and in case of drinking, consult a doctor immediately.